I will offer four workshops for secondary school teachers this summer:
- San Francisco (at the Urban School’s Center for Innovative Teaching)
- June 17-19: Visual Algebra
- Greater access, greater challenge, and greater variety — by using blocks or tiles, geoboards, function diagrams, and technology.
- June 20-21: Re-imagining High School Math
- Pedagogy, learning tools, curriculum, assessment, the long period, heterogeneous classes, deceleration, teacher collaboration.
- New York City (at the Chapin School)
- August 19-21 Hands-On Geometry
- Kinesthetics, pattern blocks, geoboards, puzzles, technology, construction, transformations, authentic approach to proof.
- August 22-23: No Limits!
- Visual intro to functions, iteration, series, mathematical induction, chaos, and complex numbers; geometry of parabolas.
At both venues, a limited number of public school teachers will have their registration fees waived — first come, first served.
- If the times or locations don’t work for you, I can offer a workshop for your department, school, or district at a mutually agreeable time and place.
- More information:
- the workshops
- Henri Picciotto
- San Francisco registration and logistics
- New York City registration and logistics
- Or e-mail me.